Saturday, January 24, 2015

Back at Hopkins

Last night, I was admitted to the Johns Hopkins Transplant Ward (the same place where I stayed after my transplant surgery).  I've been bothered by fluish symptoms off and on ever since the beginning of the year.  When my white blood cell and platelet counts suddenly became abnormally low, my post transplant nephrologist asked me to check in.  That way, they can keep better tabs on me as they shuffle through several possible viruses that might have piggybacked onto the original flu.

Obviously, this 11th hour complication, with the Spring Term starting on Monday, has me profoundly depressed.  I haven't been able to comment on the first concrete news about the IDW Disney comics, either (though I have reacted on other people's sites).  Thankfully, I am feeling much better today and am confident that the doctors will be able to find out the truth before too much longer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon.

Elaine said...

Sorry you've been unwell, and I hope the medical folks can figure out what's been driving your counts down. Glad you felt better when you wrote this, though.

Must be a terrific drag to have this setback right at the start of the term. I am sending thoughts and prayers for healing your way. I hope that very soon you will be operating at full strength again, and ready to celebrate Uncle Scrooge 1/405 with us online in April!

Pete Fernbaugh said...

I trust that you have made progress today, my friend. Sending the best of wishes and vibes your way for a speedy recovery.

Mark Lungo said...

Get well soon, Chris!

ramapith said...

Any updates? I hope you're on the mend, and you know the rest of us do too.

Adel Khan said...

I hope you are getting better, Chris!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris... Hoping everything is okay!

Pan Miluś said...

Hope you're better. I wish you all the best
:)

Fun Ideas said...

I'm still praying for a miracle, Chris.